Mt. Lhotse is the 4th highest mountain after Everest, K2 and Kanchenjunga. It is one of the most impressive mountains to climb. It is climbed from the west face. The western flank of Lhotse is known as the Lhotse Face. Any climber bound for the South Col on Everest must climb this 1,125 m (3,690 ft) wall of glacial blue ice. This face rises at 40 and 50 degree pitches with the occasional 80 degree bulges. Sherpa will set fixed ropes up this wall of ice. The way to Everest and Lhotse is same till 7800m.
4 different camps above base camp are set to climb Mt Lhotse. The icy and rocky gully from camp-4 is the final way to reach the summit.
Altitude: 8516 m, 27.940 feet Tibet / Nepal First ascent: May 18, 1956 by Ernst Reiss and Fritz Luchsinger
Expedition: Switzerland Summits/Deaths after summit: 525/14 Location:
Death Rate after summit: 2.67%
Facts: The climbing routes of Everest and Lhotse are same till 7800m. The summit way from camp-IV is more risky because of lots of rock fall.
Quick Look :-
Name: DD trek International Lhotse Expedition 2017
Mountain: Lhotse (8516m) 4th highest mountain
Event: High Altitude Mountaineering
Time: 10th April to 29th May 2017 (Predicted time)
Team size: 10 foreign climbers
Booking: Till 5th March 2017
Leader: Phurba Tenzing Sherpa
Cost: 19,900/- $ USD per person
Phurba Tenzing Sherpa
Phurba started climbing since 2006. Till the date, he has successfully climb Mount Everest-8848m for 10 times, Manaslu-8163m one time, Ama Dablam-6812m for one time and several other 6000m peaks. He in fluent in speaking english language. He was honored by "Honorary GOODWILL AMBASSADOR" for "Nepal Tourism Year 2011". He is the director and climbing leader at DD Trek.
Days 01 : Arrival at TIA,kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
Days 02 : 03: Stay in Kathmandu for official document preparation and shopping.
Days 04: Flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding-2640m.
Days 05 : Trek to Namche Bazaar-3446m.
Days 06: Stay at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Days 07 : Trek to Dikuche-3800m.
Days 08 : Trek to Pheriche -4243m.
Days 09 : Trek to Lobuche- 4930m.
Days 10: Lobuje High camp
Days 11: Lobuje peak (6119m) ascent and back to Lobuje
Days 12: Trek to Everest/Lhotse Base camp -5370m and then camping .
Days 13 – 48 : Climbing period, Overnight at Tented camp.
Days 49 : Trek to pheriche and Overnight at Lodge.
Days 50 : Trek to Namche Bazar.
Days 51: Trek to lukla -2640m. Days 52 : Flight to Kathmandu.
Days 53 : Rest in Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Days 54 : Transfer to airport, departure to your own destination
- Lhotse Climbing Permit
- Sagarmatha National park entry permit
- Lobuje climbing permit and allowance to Sherpa
- Lodging & Food during Expedition and trekking to BC and back
- Transfer in Kathmandu
- 4 nights in *** Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast plan
- Climbing Sherpa ( 1member:1 Sherpa)
- Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, rock piton, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
- Box Tents with big comfortable mat in Base camp and V25 tents in High camps
- Oxygen (4cylider of 4ltr oxygen per each member & 3 cylinders per Sherpa)
- Oxygen Mask regulator sets
- Liaison Officer fee
- Kitchen Staffs at Base camp and camp-II
- National air flight. (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Porters to BC & back
- Solar set at Base camp
- Local Sim card in Kathmandu ( communication )
- Staff insurance
- Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
- International Air fare.
- Personal climbing equipments.
- Summit bonus to sherpa @ 1000/- USD. Once you reached at last camp, it is compulsory
- Lunch and Dinner & Drink in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Personal climbing Insurance
- Helicopter Rescue if needed
- Alcoholic drinks & beverages
- Tips to staff if you like.
Additional service if required if you want
1. Satellite phone charge: 2/- USD per minute call
2.Oxygen cylinders of 4litres: 400/-USD
3.Mask and regulator set on rent: 300/-USD and (800/- USD: if lost)
4.Helicopter service from EBC to Kathmandu: 6,000/-USD for single charter
5.Personal climbing Sherpa: 8,900/- USD including all services and oxygen to him
2. Money, Traveler’s Cheques and Credit cards
3. Personal Travel Insurance
1. Sunglass Normal-1
2. Casual Clothing for travel and Kathmandu-1set
3. Polypropylene shirt or T-Shirt-4-5
4. Warm fleece inner-2
5. Fleece jacket -1
6. Wind Jacket-1
7. Down suit-1
8. Down Jacket-1
9. Down pant-1
10. Light weight trouser-1
11. Heavy weight trousers
12. Fleece trouser-1
13. Wind pants-1
14. Polypropylene long Jons-1
16. Light weight-1
17. Light weight gloves-1
18. Down Mitts-1
19. Heavy mitts-1
20. Ski Gloves-1
21. Sun Hat-1
22. Warm Hat-1
24. Light weight walking shocks-6
25. Climbing shocks-4
26. Rain coat or Umbrella for trekking-1
1. Climbing Boots-1
2. Plastic/leather boots-1
3. Trekking boots-1
1. Sun and-1
2. lip care -1
3. Personal first aid kit-1
4. Repair kit like (needle, threat)
5. Reading materials
6. Diary and Writing material
7. Camera/video camera
2. Unlock karabiners -3
3. Screw/lock karabiners-3
6. Tape slings-2
7. Set prussic loops-2
8. Ice Axe- 1
9. Retractable poles- 1 set
12. Head Lamp-2
13. Batteries- 4sets/4times changeable
14. Sunglass with UV rays protection-1
16. Water bottle-1
17. Pee Bottle-1
18. Ruck sack- 45-55ltr -1
Sleeping Bag (30°c)-1
Our team to Lhotse leave on 7th April.